Monday, March 29, 2010

Elite 8 Wrap-Up and Final Four Predictions

Ok ok, so that didn't go so well.

I don't know what stings more: the fact that my predictions were ridiculously terrible, or the fact that the only game I correctly picked was Duke. However, as they say at the podium, it is what it is and it's time to move on, once again taking it one day at a time and giving it 110%.

I hate Duke. Ok so ANYWAYS, Let's move on. The Final Four, despite the fact that those white collar wankers from Durham are in it, promises to be one of the most exciting ones in recent history.

No 1 Duke vs. No 2 West Virginia

Ok, so of course Duke is playing very well. Their defense is always superb under Coach K and when they get hot from outside, it's very hard to beat them. However from this point on, I will not pick them from this point on, on principle alone. So let me give you some reasons I believe West Virginia will pull this one out. They are resilient. West Virginia doesn't win pretty, and I don't expect it to be any different in this game. If they want to win the game, they're going to have to crash the boards and play smart. With Mazzulla playing the ball of his life, I don't expect the Mountaineers to back down now, look for WVU in a close battle.

No. 5 Michigan State vs. No. 5 Butler

Now THIS is the game I've been waiting for. The battle of the two improbables. Tom Izzo led MSU heads into this game having no business being in the Final Four, however they define the blue collar team. They're tough defense and never say die attitude has gotten them into the final rounds as their star guard sits on the bench with injuries. However they're headed to Indianapolis: Butler's territory and facing a smart team that is on the nation's largest winning streak and riding a wave of confidence that I believe no one can alter.

West Virginia vs. Butler. Your National Championship game. Bow to me.

Stay tuned for baseball talk next post!

No comments: